Thursday, November 5, 2009

 

Sometimes I am struck by the sheer beauty of God's creation. I took this photo on a walk near my home along Lake Washington early one morning several weeks ago. Its at those moments I smile and take some stock of my good fortune to live in the United States. Inevitably I am lead to thoughts of what has happened to this country and why has all common sense left us...

Today Major Nidal Malik Hasan killed 11 people before he was shot by Americans far braver than he. They knew duty and honor. Officer Munley the 34 year old police veteran arrived within minutes and immediately engaged and stopped Hasan via a fierce gun battle receiving several gunshot wounds herself. She is in stable condition. Ms. Munley is a hero.

Much will come from today. Obvious questions arise when I hear the colleagues of this man tell of his repeated and sustained anti-American vitriol. Major Hasan apparently joined the armed services prior to 9/11 but always professed an aversion to war and armed conflict.

How ironic.


I'll tell you what I know: people like Hasan don't belong in the military.
Why did his superiors tolerate constant anti-American comments?
Why did Hasan continue to suck up my tax dollars in his salary if he hated the US so much?

I don't get it.

You know hypocrisy angers me more than anything.

Hasan should have had the integrity to quit.
No great qualification needed here.
No in depth discussion necessary.

It really is that simple.
It is an honor to serve this great Nation and Hasan did not deserve it.
He OWED the military for paying every cent of his medical education.
That he couldn't even honor that commitment makes me all the sicker.

A few more nonsensical things on my mind:

T'is the season and the nonsense has begun!

Kentucky's Governor has decided to call the State Christmas tree a "Holiday Tree"
My own state did the same last year and will again this year.

Home Dept fired a young man for wearing a button that proclaimed "One Nation Under God, Indivisible..."




And up North one business owner did teh right thing when his patrons COMPLAINED about the American Flag being "offensive" ! In the video a man about to become a US Citizen stands up for our Flag. How sad we have a generation of self hating Americans embarassed to be citizens of the world's last best hope. Sigh...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment